RIBAXAN is one of the main drugs of choice in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases, blockage of blood vessels and stroke especially increased in our time.
As an anticoagulant, that is, an anticoagulative drug, RIBAXAN is a highly selective, direct Factor Xa inhibitor. Inhibition of Factor Xa prevents formation of thrombin which is the main component in the blood coagulation process and thus prevents formation of blood clots, as well as inhibits the internal and external pathways of the blood coagulation cascade. Thus, it effectively prevents excessive blood clotting and the diseases it causes.
Since RIBAXAN does not directly inhibit thrombin (activated Factor II) and has no effect on platelets, the risk of bleeding is almost minimal, so it can be prescribed in combination with other selected anticoagulants (for example, aspirin, clopidogrel, etc.).
It is easier for patients to maintain blood clotting at a normal level, since, unlike previous drugs, RIBAXAN has a wide therapeutic profile and high safety. At the same time, there is no need for constant monitoring (blood clotting tests) of patients, as before.
Indications for Use
- Prevention of cardiovascular complaints, myocardial infarction and death from thrombosis in patients after acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Prevention of stroke, myocardial infarction and death from cardiovascular causes, as well as prevention of acute limb ischemia and thrombosis in patients with coronary heart disease or peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- In combination therapy with antiaggregants for long-term prevention of thrombosis
- Prevention of stroke and systemic thromboembolism in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary thromboembolism